2013-02-24

Beatrice's oreo cheesecake

After tasting Jill's magical cheesecake i decided i had to try making it. The recipe is from Martha Stewart's 'Cupcakes'. I have never been a fan of Martha because i have a strong belief that the recipes on her website aren't her own, but her workers' recipes. Lol. 





Beat the cheese until light and fluffy 


I think i didn't beat the cheese+sour cream+eggs enough because it wasn't very consistent. I tried. 





then it got really messy when i scooped them out into the cups (i feel u jill) so i stopped taking photos, then i forgot to take photos when they came out of the oven too. 


^ Talking to my Bake Club about this 




I think the cheesecake cupcakes are a bit heavy + really sweet. I didn't add the cream in the oreo bc i really really hate it and i was scared it'll make the cupcakes way too sweet. Good choice beatrice !!!!! 

You can have some if you see me tomorrow/ if i look for you but please be warned, if you eat the whole thing you'll feel fat. Therefore i cut them up into fours so you can have 1/4 and you will feel happy. 

P.S WELCOME ARIEL 




THE VERDICT:

Beatrice's Oreo cheesecake cupcakes have to be one of my all time favourites! She used a similar recipe, if not the same one, as the one Jill used! And I really really adore that recipe, because the end products was turn our divine! Or maybe its just the bakers hehe!

Anyway, I had multiple cupcakes so it's fair to say I had an adequate amount to judge. What I like about Oreo cheesecake cupcakes, is that a) they can keep for quite a while and still remain yummy! (Beatrice brought them to school on multiple days) b) it's not overwhelmingly cheesy, as I mentioned in Megan's cheesecake post, I'm not too fond of overly cheesy stuff c) the Oreos add a nice crunch and flavour to everything! d) having it in small cut up quarters in cupcake form really gives you the illusion that you're not eating a lot and you don't feel like such a glut lol

I think what would have been a nice plus point, was that Beatrice should have used the Oreos as a base! That way, it wouldn't seem so "wet" and you don't feel so fat eating it cos there's less cheesecake in one cup... Does that make sense??

But all in all, I really enjoyed it! And I would recommend her to use Oreos as a base the next time she bakes it! But well done Beatrice! ☺

Oreo cheesecake cupcakes - 8

No comments:

Post a Comment