2013-02-10

Guest baker Jill's Oreo Cheesecake

Hi Jo + Bea + Kelley + Megan! Not to mention all you readers out there!!
Thanks for letting me share on your blog *_*

Anyway, let's get down to business~~
Some days ago I baked oreo cheesecake! It was my first time making a cheesecake so I was really excited, but scared that it would turn out really icky and mushy... But thankfully it didn't!! I love oreo + all sort of things with cream cheese in it, so it was a real treat :) Here are some pictures of the cake:





I just couldn't resist putting some chocolate ganache on top of the cake - besides, doesn't chocolate make things taste better? 

The cake was rather smooth and creamy, with the subtle chocolate complimenting the slightly tangy cream cheese. Personally I find that the oreo chunks on top of the cake added a nice texture to the cake. Sorry that I have no pictures of the process - I'm quite a messy baker (something that I will have to rectify), so I didn't want to risk getting my camera all cheesecake-ified!!

This recipe is definitely worth trying - I got the recipe from Martha Stewarts book called "Cupcakes". The recipe is easy to follow, and the ingredients are quite accessible! 

Thanks for reading!

-Jill

p.s (shameless advertising here- check out my blog: Baking Balletomane! ) 


1 comment: