2013-01-30

Aunt Kelley's Monkey Bread Muffins

Hello readers!!! This be Kelley's first post.

So the competition has begun, and today, I will be making Monkey Bread Muffins By Cooking Classy. I actually decided to bake this because I searched "Must bake things" and came across that blog. I think they turned out ok. They taste quite nice i guess?? (Joell will be the judge of that, You can be the judge too I guess, (if i see u in school lol) )

ANYWAY. Here is the recipe:
I was taking pictures with buttery hands so you better appreciate it. >:c

Prep!! Although I realised I only had like 3/4 tablespoons of baking powder of the 2 tablespoons I needed lol ( I think this is why they were quite heavy )





Put around 12-16 balls

& ~shake shake shake!!~


(look at sugary goodness)


Brown stuff is cinnamon sugar paste


"I need a pix of me on the blog!!"






They actually tasted quite nice? Like mini cinnamon rolls! I think theyre best when warm. Also! In the recipe theres a icing sauce, but I thought they were good (sweet) enough on their own so I just skipped that. Okay and and mine didn't retain their muffin shape :< *cries* I think its cuz of the baking powder shortage?? Bc they didn't expand enough to fit the tin. Another thing! When they say /skant/ the cinnamon sugar paste over the muffins, I think its supposed to be a layer over, not just dollops. Because I just dolloped it over, and only some parts of the muffin were nice and browns (other parts are pale blog worthy :<<< )
taken from Classy Cooking (I think they look exactly the same, just saying, yknow)




My dogs seem to like it, so should you! (*wink* at Joell) hiakhiakhiak

EXTRA THINGS ABOUT MY LIFE:

This was my dinner earlier. @ Serena, if you're reading this, I kind of forgot about our diet, and my helper (Auntie Sum) brought it over so I had to eat it :c (I didn't eat all the rice though)



Also, Auntie sum also brought these chili tapioca chips for me. And on a side note: I remember Joell wasn't too fond of these chips (they are glorious) So maybe her tasting judgement is not trustable? I'm not sure, I guess we will find out when she judges my muffins (which are obviously good) 

EDIT:
omg guys some retained muffin-shape!

THE VERDICT:

Today I tried Kelley's "Monkey Bread Muffins" They were pretty good!! They were v doughy though, it reminded me of a denser version of the cinnamon melts at Macs. Didn't get to try very many, but they were quite sugary! I think for these types of pastries, it's important that it's kept perpetually warm; cos when it gets cold, everything becomes a lot denser and harder. And that didn't do Kelley's monkey cakes justice! But overall, well done Kelley! Great first post ☺

Monkey bread muffins - 4 points

No comments:

Post a Comment