2013-01-25

Beatrice's puff pastries


Made some puff pastries for breakfast today! I kind of used Laura Vitale's recipe/ method for the rolling+filling. 


Always remember to let the pastry sheets thaw for 2-3 mins before peeling them off or else...
But it's ok, it can be attached back :~) 


Filled my pastries with nutella and cheese. 



cooking in pajamas 
Also!!! Puff pastries are really sensitive to heat so once you put them in the oven you shouldn't open it anymore. Remember to poke holes into them so the moisture comes out. I forgot to do that and my pastries were slightly translucent inside )-: 


They turned out quite well!! ^_^ This one ^ is the nutella one. I really didn't know how much nutella to put in so i put about 2 teaspoons. They are only nice when warm. If anyone offers you cold puff pastries say no!! 

THE VERDICT:

Beatrice's puff pastries were really soggy when she brought them to school, which is usually the case with puff pastries. Unless of course, by some divine miracle, you are able to bring a portable toaster to school and keep it warm and flakey. I think not. 

Anyway, the fillings were good. I tried the tomato one (although I'm not sure why it's not in this post) , and it was a little sourish and reminded me of pasts sauce! The filling was probably the puff pastries saving grace; but I'm sure if it was kept warm and toasty, it definitely would have been great! Well done all the same!

Puff pastries - 5 points

No comments:

Post a Comment